Just about everyone in the world has some kind of hobby or special activity that they enjoy doing in their spare time. Whether it is reading a book or mountain biking, the activities that you find the most pleasure doing tend to have great mental health benefits because they are fun and relaxing. Some hobbies, though, have both mental and physical benefits for the individuals who engage in them.
One of those types of activities is fishing. Going on a fishing trip provides the anglers with a wide variety of physical and mental health benefits that can truly only be experienced when you are out in the great outdoors. Depending on the fishing spots you choose for your trip, you will be able to enjoy nature, relax, and even get some exercise.
At Caloosahatchee Cowboy Charters, our fishing charters are hosted by expert anglers who will work to ensure that your fishing trip is fun and relaxing. Whether you are going on a single trip just to test the waters or want to spend time with your family on another trip, our team can make sure that you have a great time out on our boat. We host backwater fishing trips year-round, provide the bait you need, and can help you figure out which species of fish you can fish for in Fort Myers.
Physical Health Benefits of Fishing
When it comes to fishing, there are so many health benefits that most people do not usually consider. Although the typical image of a fisherman is simply sitting around in a small raft for hours waiting for a bite from a trout, that is not the reality of most fishing charter adventures. Fishing takes physical strength to catch a fish like a tarpon, and it provides the fishermen a wide variety of other health benefits as well.
These physical health benefits include:
- Fishing is a workout – Setting up, casting off, and landing fish of all kinds requires a good amount of strength throughout the whole body. From your core to your shoulders and back, fishing is not always as easy of activity as some may believe. It is a whole-body workout.
- Increases Vitamin D intake: Being out in a boat in the wonderful Florida sun (alone or with your friends and family) can increase your body’s Vitamin D intake. This vitamin increase can help to regulate your calcium and phosphate, keep your bones and teeth healthy, and boosts your immune system.
- Good for your lungs: All over the country, people are breathing in lungs full of polluted air because they live in overpopulated areas with lots of cars and smog. When you are out in the water for a fishing adventure or even on the shore, breathing in clean, oxygen-rich air is great for your lungs and will surely make you feel better.
- Eating fish is healthy: Whether it is heart health, better eyesight, or an improved immune system, the essential nutrients in fish improves many aspects of your health. Fish has omega 3, Vitamin B12, protein, good cholesterol, and Vitamin D.
With all of these great health benefits, it is no wonder that many fishermen have solid core strength (try to fish from a kayak!) and are truly happy once they return from their trip.
Mental Health Benefits of a Fishing Trip in Fort Myers
In addition to the physical benefits of fishing, stepping foot on a fishing charter with a rod and reel in your hand can also provide you with many mental health advantages. These include:
- Improving concentration: You need to wait for the fish to bite, but you can’t get distracted without risking the fish getting away.
- Reducing your stress: When you can simply relax waiting for the fish, all your stress melts away.
- Connecting with friends and family: There is no greater bonding moment than reeling in fish and telling stories while you wait.
- Improving self-esteem: As you develop your fishing abilities, your self-esteem will also begin to improve as well.
- Unplugging from the anxieties of everyday life: Get away from the stress and frustration of everyday life with a fun excursion out on the water.
- Increasing patience: You can’t make the fish bite, so you simply have to be patient and wait.
Fishing is one of the few activities that allow you to be out in nature, enables you to catch fish with the skills that you develop over time, and improves your physical and mental health. From Fort Myers to Marco Island, fishing throughout the state of Florida increases all of the physical and mental health aspects of your life.
Contact Our Fort Myers Fishing Experts to Book Your Next Fishing Charter
If you are looking for a great adventure on the water that allows you to enjoy a variety of benefits to your physical and mental health, contact Caloosahatchee Cowboy charters. Our team of expert anglers is here to ensure that you and your loved ones have a wonderful time out in nature while you catch fish and experience the many benefits we have discussed above.
At Caloosahatchee Cowboy in Fort Myers, FL, we take fishing to the next level for you and your party. Whatever kind of fishing you are interested in, we can accommodate you. No matter what your experience level may be or the equipment (rod, reel, light tackle) you may have used, our captain will assist you with any fishing need you have. We know the best places to catch the most fish and have the best possible time. Our team is also happy to answer any questions you may have about the benefits of fishing from the shore or on our charter.
Contact us at 239-628-2990 to book your next fishing adventure in Fort Myers, FL! We can’t wait to see the smiles on your faces as you reel in your first fish or your hundredth fish. We know you will have a great time and enjoy all the benefits of this fun and active hobby.